Lobsterâ€™s come a long way since the 1880s, when it was thought of as swill to be fed only to prisoners.Â
Since then, the king crustacean has earned â€śdelicacyâ€ť status, and, thanks to sustainable fishing practices and improved transportation and packaging, itâ€™s a delicacy we can enjoy anytime, anywhere, ocean view or not.
So get ready to rock some lobster with these two easy and delicious preparations:
- Steam for 2 minutes just to set the meat.
- Cut it in half lengthwise and brush with butter or olive oil. Grill flesh-side down over a flame.
Simple lobster pasta
- Boil water. Cook lobster for 2 minutes. Take out and allow to cool, then remove the meat.
- Put shells back into pot and boil for another 20 minutes to extract more flavor. Then remove them, skim off the water, and use the broth to cook your pasta.
- Toss the pasta with a can of fire-roasted tomatoes, some garlic sautĂ©ed in olive oil, and lastly, the lobster meat.